Our client is a leading Canada-wide distributor of products and services dedicated to veterinarians.
Supervisor of operations - Afternoon shift, Brampton, ON
Reporting to the National Director of Logistics, the incumbent oversees all operations in the shipping and picking sectors. He is responsible for the safe, efficient and cost-effective operations of his department, including timely and accurate order preparation, loading and unloading of transport trucks. He maintains a high emphasis on inventory accuracy, while ensuring that Health Canada regulations and exceptional customer service levels are maintained. He participates with the Distribution Center management team in continuous improvement in the areas of operational performance, safety, quality, customer satisfaction and employee morale.
- Supervises and manages the work and performance of his team;
- Schedules and coordinates daily work flow for warehouse operations, monitoring the pace and flow of products from receiving through shipping;
- Communicates accurately with team members and company sectors;
- Provides data on productivity measures, quality, absenteeism, etc.;
- Participates in the development of all warehouse projects and drives continuous improvement;
- Maintains the facility to Health and Safety Standards and a safe work environment;
- Collaborates with Customer Service to resolve service issues and eliminate root causes;
- Monitors inventory reports, performs cycle counts and controls business related costs;
- Ensures that all equipment is maintained to standards and all safety components are operating properly;
- Performs all other tasks required by his superior.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or related discipline or, equivalent qualification in business administration (relevant experience can be accepted in lieu of education);
- Possess 5-7 years of supervisory experience or 10 years in a distribution center environment;
- Strong leadership, communication skills, high motivation and efficiency;
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced work environment;
- Team player and excellent work ethic;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Experience with WMS operating systems;
- Fluent in English.
- Local candidates only: GTA, ON
The selected candidate will receive an attractive salary, bonus, benefits and the opportunity to grow his (her) career with an industry leader.
We look forward to hearing from you today!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce.
Please send your resume in word format with career achievements.
The information above is for information purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.